Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Budget Tip - Paying Yourself

Trying to save money by putting a little aside at the end of the month generally doesn't work, because by then it's all spent. You can change that by paying yourself before you take care of other things. Even if it's only $10-20 a month at first, taking a little out of each paycheck at the beginning to set aside can start building up. It might mean having to bring a lunch from home a coupe of times or some other small sacrifice, especially toward the end of the month, but it will be manageable when you see you're actually saving some money finally.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

When it comes down to my leisure spending, I always treated my spending like a bill. I only had a set amount each week and I stuck with it.

I don't think a lot of people can do this because they are lacking the discipline.